Friday, January 1, 2010

Copenhagen

I have some thoughts on Copenhagen. They are this: The countries of the world are behaving like children.

Seriously. We know that things need to be corrected in this planet. We know that it is within *our* power to make things better. And what do we do? We act like schoolyard kids.

"I won't do it if Timmy won't do it"

"You do it first chicken!"

"No you do it!"

"Make me!!"

etc.

Even when I was a school age kid - this kind of behaviour made me slightly vomitous. But there was always a kid with some cool to him (or her) at these things that would step up and say "I don't care what the rest of you losers are doing - I am doing it"

Why can't we (as a country) be the cool kid. Who cares what the other countries are committing to? I mean really....Who cares? Let's be the cool kid and step up to bat. Let's make our own internal commitment to do whats right!

I guarantee that as soon as we step up to bat and announce that we will do the right thing regardless - make cuts in emissions to pre-1990 levels - the other kids will fall in line and do it too.

This world needs a country to lead the way - to show them how its done. Canada could be that leader and should be that leader...but instead we are an international laughing stock.

Do you really want more Conservative MP's that support this behaviour?

No comments:

Post a Comment